How to become an fellow member of the SSE, Sri Lanka :
- Eligibility ( Extracts By- laws)
A Member of the Society over 35 years and
who has obtained Member status and holding the Corporate Membership of the Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka and
practicing the profession of Structural Engineering in a senior capacity of the industry or in a University recognised by the Institution of Engineers Sri Lanka in full time basis for a period of not less than 10 years after achieving Member status of the Society of Structural Engineers, Sri Lanka.
- Professional Review Interview
An Interview by a panel may be conducted to assess the candidate’s suitability for admission as a Fellow of the Society. The interview will be based on the work experience report submitted by the Candidate and the panel will assess degree of professional involvement and his personal contribution in the field of Structural Engineering.
- Certification of Employment Details
- Employment details shall be certified by the Supervising Engineer attached to the corresponding organization and affix his/her stamp
- Proposer and Seconder
At least one of the Proposer or Seconder should be a Fellow of the Society and the other be a Corporate Member of the Society
Proposer and Seconder should satisfy themselves as to the suitability of the candidate to the grade of the membership applied for and that the form is correctly filled and legibly written, and is submitted together with all original certificates for inspection. Copies of all certificates should be authenticated by Proposer and Seconder
- Application Evaluation FEE
Applicant should pay Rs. 2000.00 + NBT +VAT with the application.
- Perfected application should be forwarded to Honorary Secretary, addressed to the Secretariat (Society of Structural Engineers, Room No 222, 2nd Floor, IESL Building, Vidya Mawatha, 120/15 Wijerama Mawatha, Colombo 7.)
- The Registration/Transfer/ Annual subscriptions will be fixed by the executive committee from time to time. The details could be obtained from the secretariat.
- Please make appropriate payments relating to the application to the SSESL Secretariat direct or to the bank of account of “Society of Structural Engineers Sri Lanka” account no 0004 6000 0254 of Sampath bank and submit the deposit slip to the SSESL Secretariat.