How to become an associate member of the SSE, Sri Lanka
Now you have two options
- Download the application or obtain it from the Secretarial (Society of Structural Engineers, Room No. 222, 2nd Floor, IESL, Vidya Mawatha, 120/15, Wijerama Mawatha, Colombo 07.
- Apply online through the SSESL App.
- Eligibility (Extracts from By – Laws)
A person holding a four year degree in Civil/ Structural Engineering from a University recognised by The Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka or
any other qualification recognised by the Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka as equivalent to the Civil/ Structural Engineering degree and
possesses an Associate Membership of the Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka and practising the profession of Structural Engineering under a corporate member of the Society of Structural Engineers, Sri Lanka or in a recognized design office under a Corporate Member of the Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka, accepted by the Executive Committee of the Society on full-time basis after obtaining the degree or
qualifications equivalent to the degree else (or)
holding an academic post in Structural Engineering attached to an Engineering Faculty recognised by the Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka.
- Proposer and Seconder
Proposer and seconder should be a corporate members of the Society.
Proposer and Seconder should satisfy themselves as to the suitability of the candidate to the grade of the membership applied for and that the form is correctly filled and legibly written, and is submitted together with all original certificates for inspection. Copies of all certificates should be authenticated by Proposer and Seconder.
- Certification of Employment Details
Employment details shall be certified by the Supervising Engineer attached to the corresponding organization and affix his/her stamp
- Perfected application could be emailed or forwarded to Honorary secretary, addressed to the secretariat (Society of Structural Engineers, Room No 222, 2nd Floor, IESL Building, Vidya Mawatha, 120/15 Wijerama Mawatha, Colombo 7.
- Application Processing FEE
Applicant should pay Rs 1000.00 with the application.
- The Registration/Transfer/ Annual subscriptions will be fixed by the Executive Committee from time to time. The details could be obtained from the Secretariat.
- Please make appropriate payments relating to the application to the SSESL Secretariat direct or to the bank of account of “Society of Structural Engineers Sri Lanka” account no 0070 6000 0322 of Sampath bank and submit the deposit slip to the SSESL Secretariat.
Download Application by Clicking below
Apply online through the SSESL app
Download our Mobile App to apply online