How to become an associate member of the SSE, Sri Lanka :
- Applications can be obtained from the Secretarial (Society of Structural Engineers, Room No. 222, 2nd Floor, IESL, Vidya Mawatha, 120/15, Wijerama Mawatha, Colombo 07.
- Eligibility (Extracts from By – Laws)
- Every Candidate for admission or transfer to the Class of Associate Member shall satify that he:
- A person holding a recognized degree in Civil/ Structural Engineering from a University, and practicing the profession of Structural Engineering shall be eligible to apply for election as an Associate Member of the Society and shall be elected as an Associate Member of the Society upon the Executive Committee approving his election.
- Proposer and Seconder
- The Proposer and Seconder should be a Corporate Member of the Society. The Proposer and Seconder should satisfy themselves as to the suitability of the candidate to the grade of membership applied for and that the form is correctly filled and legibly written, and is submitted together with all original certificates for inspection.
- Prefected application should be forwarded to Honorary Secretary, addressed to the Secretariat (Society of Structural Engineers, Room No.222, 2nd Floor, IESL, Vidya Mawatha, 120/15, Wijerama Mawatha, Colombo 07)
- The Registration/Transfer/Annual Subscriptions will be fixed by the Executive Committee from time to time. The details could be obtained from the Secretariat.